The Language Center Multimedia Lab is open Monday through Friday, day and evening for students' use.
The Lab features:
- Two lounge areas in which to relax, work, study, read, or watch multilingual video programming
- A "bar" where laptop and tablet users can work, charge their computers, and print directly to the Lab's laser printer
- Six-sided worktables with Windows and Mac computers
- Multiple areas for language-related DVD or internet viewing
- A small room for collaborating, video viewing, using a computer or flatbed scanner
Multimedia Lab Hours
Printing is available at a cost of ten cents per page, either single or double-sided. Payment is through the Gopher Gold system. Students can add value to their U cards by using the Value Port located in the lab.
Print from Your Laptop!
Download installers and instructions to enable you to print from your own laptop to an LC printer. Available for Windows or Mac computers.
- Download Installer & Instructions for Mac OS 10.9 (Mavericks)
- Download Installer & Instructions for Mac OS 10.10 - Mac OS 10.12 (Yosemite, El Capitan & Sierra)
- Download Installer & Instructions for Windows (7 - 10 (x86 & x64))
Please Note: Mac OS before 10.9 is no longer supported.
Multimedia Lab Software
Students working with video for class projects, can make use of iMovie and iDVD on the Mac computers. Student lab attendants are always on hand for students who need assistance.
For a complete list of installed software for both Mac and Windows computers view software installed in the MM Lab.
Two lounge areas provide viewing on a large screen.
- PAL or NTSC DVDs from any zone.
- NTSC, PAL or SECAM video tapes
- International news and programming from the web. See Schedule.
Students can use small room 135B for group projects, recording with a digital Marantz audio recorder or particpating in language courses through the BTAA CourseShare program.
Note: Students taking their Oral Proficiency Interviews can enter the Testing Office 137A, through the Multimedia Lab, 135.